We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
In this job of Manager and Head of Project Delivery for our Professional Services organization you will be responsible for all projects of our Professional Services customers, in the DACH and South region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland, France and Spain). As Manager and Head of Project Delivery you will oversee the Professional Services involvement during the definition of the project scope, goals and deliverables.
What you will do
From the perspective of Project Delivery, this job has 3 main responsibilities, which are described below:
- Overseeing delivery of all projects across all professional services’ customers. You will provide expert knowledge and direction to a remote, matrix structured project management and PMO team.
- Assuring the governance process, including ensuring compliance to the standardised delivery methodology. This includes resource, time and financial tracking and reporting on projects, assurance and quality control of deliverables, management of project information, risk and issue management and change control. You will ensure project resources have the correct tools and processes in place and that all relevant staff are trained and equipped to deliver successfully.
- Act as sponsor for high-profile and high-risk projects.
Our Project Managers are involved in the whole process from the sales cycle and proposal to the execution and close of the project. You will oversee Professional Services involvement during the definition of project scope, goals and deliverables to ensure the proposal is deliverable in line with the departments business plan and vision, and the Professional Services teams have the required resources to deliver the work.
In addition to the project delivery, you will take business responsibility for the professional services business in the region. This means you are responsible for the operational/financial metrics and overall business results. You manage the business in a predictable way, keeping financial and performance forecasts accurate. And you assess and manage business risks in pursuit of overall business goals.
You enjoy leading and coaching teams of people from all backgrounds and capabilities, motivating them and championing their development: sharing your knowledge, feedback, insight, tips and hints. All the while, you keep your teams focused on the right tasks to achieve the desired business outcomes.
You create order out of chaos. You have a knack for taking complex ideas and data and communicating them simply and effectively, with clear action plans. You are organised and methodical but know when to take a step back to realign to, or readjust, the strategy.
You are not afraid to change tack. You keep yourself informed and remain balanced and calm at times of high pressure, so you are decisive with the information you have and trust your judgement.
Last but not least, your innate curiosity coupled with your drive means that you’re always looking for ways to improve. You recognise your limits, know when to ask for help and learn from your mistakes.
To be successful in this job of Manager and Head of Project Delivery, you have experience as a seasoned Program Director, or similar job, and you love the challenges of delivering multiple large scale, high-value transformation programs.
- You have 10 or more years of experience in Project Management and in creating and managing complex project plans, including budgets, structures, schedules, and staffing needs.
- You are able to manage multiple priorities – projects, deliverables, and stakeholders and have experience in embedding project delivery methodology and assuring teams work to governance frameworks.
- Furthermore, you have strong stakeholder management and negotiation skills; the ability to influence peers, teams and management. You are able to quickly build effective and collaborative working relationships.
- You are certificated in PMI, PMP, Agile and/or PRINCE2.
- Finally, you speak English and German fluently; French is a plus.
A chance to participate in the development of an international leading software firm. At Unit4, you have the freedom and autonomy to be successful. An attractive salary while working in a challenging international environment. Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other. At Unit4 we invest in your personal and professional growth. We don't focus on how many days you work, we trust you on delivering results - thus, we have an unlimited vacation policy.
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!