We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
Be a part of an amazing team that is tasked with delivery of Demo environments for all Unit4 global products, used by Unit4 sales and partners around the world. We are known as the U4ia team.
We're looking for a DevOps / Application Engineer to join our team and play a critical role in automated delivery and management of Demo environments. Our Demo environments showcase Unit4 solutions as well as highlight how Unit4 solutions fit into our customers’ business application landscape. We’re looking for someone who takes pride in delivering responsive, reliable solutions to consumers of our Demo environments, helping them win sales deals.
How you’ll add value to Unit4:
- Help create automation to allow our small team to stay small and efficiently meet the needs of a wide variety and growing number of Demo environment consumers within and external to Unit4
- Serve as a go to person to help quickly solve Demo performance and reliability problems
- Troubleshoot Unit4 product deployment issues in partnership with Unit4 R&D with a DevOps mindset
- Collaborate with U4ia functional solution consultants in areas such as data import, transaction generation and integration
- Provide feedback to Unit4 R&D and Unit4 Cloud Operations based on the U4ia team’s early adopter status and broad Unit4 product experience
- Self-directed – once you understand a strategy and vision you roll up your sleeves and deliver solutions with minimal guidance. You enjoy having a ton of freedom and using your creativity to solve challenging problems with minimal resources.
- A team player – you understand that success comes from great teamwork and collaboration.
- A positive person – where others see problems, you see opportunity and are excited to try to seize upon those opportunities.
- Always learning – you thrive when faced with new technology, services and scenarios and you’re not held back when needing to work with older technologies.
- Non-reactionary – Demo environments are production-like; you know how to balance responsiveness to issues with system reliability.
Valuable experience and skills you’ll bring to the U4ia team
- 2+ years’ experience in an engineering or operations role
- Good knowledge of PowerShell and automation in general
- A proven track record for working well with minimal day to day guidance
- Experience with Azure IaaS, and some Azure PaaS
- Experience with SQL Server and/or Azure SQL Database
Bonus experience and skills, but not required:
- Experience with Azure DevOps, Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with Git/Github
- General knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns
- Knowledge of Enterprise IT architecture and a good understanding of the meaning of DevOps
- Knowledge of Unit4 global applications and services (Unit4 ERP, Unit4 Student Management, Unit4 People Platform, etc.) and the role they play in our customers’ businesses
- Knowledge of Cloud Identity Providers such as Azure AD, Okta, etc. and federated authentication in general
If it feels like this could be your ideal job in Unit4 but you are unsure if you qualify, apply anyway and let us know why you’d be the best person for the role!
A chance to participate in the development of an international leading software firm. At Unit4, you have the freedom and autonomy to be successful. An attractive salary while working in a challenging international environment. Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other. At Unit4 we invest in your personal and professional growth. We don't focus on how many days you work, we trust you on delivering results - thus, we have an unlimited vacation policy.
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!