We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high-value work they live for. Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
We are looking for a results-driven and confident GL Supervisor to manage and control our organization's financial performance and direct our accounting operations for our fast-paced PE backed software company.
The GL Supervisor will be responsible for the review, improvement, and standardization of processes to deliver high quality, monthly financial close activities and reporting according to tight deadlines.
The GL Supervisor will report to the Group Financial Controller and is responsible for managing a team of GL Accountants (4-5).
The successful candidate will demonstrate exceptional numerical proficiency, drive, and enthusiasm with a can-do attitude to underpin Unit4’s ambitious growth plans ensuring adherence to internal controls.
The ideal candidate should possess strong management skills and be highly organized, have analytical skills and a problem-solving mindset. The GL Supervisor should streamline our accounting operations, improve processes, train junior staff on accounting topics and promote regulatory compliance. The GL Supervisor will be a point of contact within the Finance & Control Team and is responsible for driving system and process improvements within GS4U.
- Lead and co-ordinate the day-to-day operations of respective GL Accounting team (4-5 Team members)
- Month-end close activities and reporting
- Prepare and register monthly journal entries (Payroll and others)
- Collaborate with other departments to improve accounting records
- Prepare VAT returns and reconciliations
- Perform the Reporting Group (IC Module, Financial Data for Consolidation)
- Prepare 100% Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Drive the standardization of operating procedures and work instructions
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Evaluating and managing risk including improvements in internal controls
- Drive system improvements including automation of activities where appropriate
- Support with local compliance (tax / statistics etc.)
- Support with the Annual Group Audit and Local Statutory Audits
- Payments Approvals on Daily Basis
- Other Ad-Hoc Requests
The ideal candidate has:
Minimum 5 years of experience within accounting domain from a multinational organization
Master’s degree in Finance / Accounting or any equivalent study
Strong knowledge of accounting fundamentals
Proficiency in accounting software
Familiar with working in a shared service environment
Good communication skills (English required)
Excellent interpersonal skills
Join Unit4 and be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the cloud ERP software space. We’re a fast-paced, high-growth, people-centric company, delivering enterprise software for a great people experience, and offering our own people a host of benefits and development opportunities. Grow with us
At Unit4, we offer:
• a culture built on trust - giving you the freedom and autonomy to be successful,
• balance - with our uncapped time off policy, remote working opportunities and Global Wellbeing Days when the whole company can switch off and prioritize well-being,
• talented colleagues, role models and mentors - work, learn and be inspired by some of the best talent in the software industry,
• a commitment to sustainability - with initiatives such as our Act4Good program, a way for everyone at Unit4 to come together and engage in actions that benefit society and the planet,
• a safe and inclusive working environment – supported by our Employee Resource Groups, which are open to all and include Women at Unit4, Pride at Unit4, Mental Health and Access at Unit4, and People of Color at Unit4.
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!