We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
Due to continued growth and the cloud journey of our company we are looking for an NA Head of technical team to manage our technical team in NA and the process around. The focus for the next part of our cloud journey will be on standardization and simplification of our approach and our way of working. We will join up our technical capacity into one technical team for NA to scale the knowledge and increase our capabilities. The function will be remotely in NA, with travel when required to our teams or client's sites.
As the Head of the technical team you will be responsible for the overall direction and coordination of the team. Together with the technical practice managers you will provide the best in class technical service and make sure the capabilities are easy and in a uniform way accessible for the projects and our customers. You will represent our team internally and actively work with the stakeholders on progress and status updates and new opportunities.
What you will do
Strategically, the head of the technical team will be actively involved in the Unit4 cloud journey and how the technical team can contribute. You will develop a team structure with processes to facilitate the needs of our project and customers. With the practice managers you will implement the new structure and monitor and update where needed.
The focus of the future is on Cloud and the use of our new platform tools. At the same time we have a large customer base on premise relying on the current/legacy tool set. You need to make sure we can serve both of our customer groups and take them with us on the journey into the cloud.
We believe an important part of our future is in the move towards SaaS (subscription billing) and the generation of generic IP. With your team we expect you to develop and maintain new extensions for our customers and generic for the customers base. On top of the maintenance we will develop additional Managed services to provide our customers the level of service they need. You will work closely together with the MAS team to make sure we have an complete offering.
You will work closely with the Resource management team to ensure optimum project staffing and efficient use of our resources will be essential.
- As a Head of the technical team you will provide clear vision and process around our team and actively communicate to the stakeholders.
- You will break down complex technical challenges into understandable building blocks form the less technical oriented parts of our organization
- Your interpersonal and organizational skills enable you to keep all stakeholder on the same page and updated on the challenges and achievements of the technical team.
- You understand the importance of the internal touch points like R&D, Product management, Solution consulting and Customer Success.
- You will monitor and review the available toolset, to enable the team to be successful in their day to day delivery.
- You manage the balance between internal requests for capacity and knowledge and the external revenue of our technical team.
- Knowledge and experience in implementation projects in our key verticals
- Knowledge and experience in the technical domain an the delivery of technical services to our customers
- Proven experience in managing an team
- PMI, Prince2 or ITIL qualifications
- Good communication and presentation skills to a C-level audience focusing on business value rather than technical solutions
- Ability to break down complex problems into manageable pieces allowing communication to an audience with a variety of backgrounds
- Ability to convey expert knowledge of ERP, business management systems, processes and best practices, with the ability to recite examples showing track record of success
- You are passionate and skilled and will work closely with our consultants and clients to satisfactorily deliver the technical extensions and service they expect.
We offer work which is a meaningful and inspiring experience. We will invest in you, nourish you and value you. We offer formal training and education opportunities to develop your skills in the direction you wish to take, we offer experience in managing multiple teams to give you experiences which will help you find where you are happiest. We offer work / life balance, unlimited paid time off, and a culture of respect and being successful.
Videos To Watch
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!