Meet Unit4. We’re a fast-paced growth cloud company, changing the game in ERP for mid-market people-centric organizations. We’re on a mission to turn 40 years of conventional legacy ERP software on its head and re-write the industry.
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
The Deals Desk Manager will partner with the Sales teams on large, complex, or discounted quotes to provide guidance and recommendations on deal pricing, commercial structure, and contract terms, driving profitability in-line with Unit4’s financial and strategic objectives.
What you will do
- Review large, complex, non-standard transactions by applying pricing knowledge, product knowledge, and analytical rigor
- Provide deal governance and approval on quotes and deals
- Enforce quote compliance on all deals
- Provide confident, rational, and supported arguments for any deals that you may reject because of pricing policy, strategy or discount breaches
- Escalate approvals further where required (e.g. significant changes to legal terms)
- Facilitate the sales approval and standardised contract document generation processes and ensure compliance with published sales and business approval policies
- Provide guidance and interpretation to finance and sales management of pricing, discounting and terms
- Foster and maintain strong working relationships with critical business partners (e.g. Revenue Recognition, Legal, Finance, etc.) to expedite the review and approval process
- Ensure adherence to pricing strategy and policy, including technology and compliance
- Streamline and support the process for non-standard deal approvals
- Develop and communicate thresholds and rules
- Outline approver roles and responsibilities, approval routing and workflow design, simplify exception alerting and communications processes
- Create and maintain a hierarchy of special terms that could be used in non-standard deals
- Support in developing training materials, sales examples and conduct regular contract training sessions – to reduce contract variations between similar deals
- Provide Win/Loss analysis and Discount trend reporting to the leadership team, identifying areas of improvement
- Identify, develop, and implement productivity improvements so Deals Desk function scales with the broader Unit4 business
You will perform like-for-like analysis to identify both good deals and those with more headroom around pricing or contract terms. You will also meet with stakeholders where necessary to create winning deal structures. This role enables one to become an expert in Unit4 business practices, develop a thorough understanding of how all the parts of the business fit together, and help drive the next phase of global growth.
- Prior experience working for established Cloud software vendor in a Deal Desk / Commercial role
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to communicate and influence at a senior level; must be able to foster and maintain strong partnering relationships with sales and internal departments
- Excellent teamwork skills to collaborate with the rest of the Deals Desk, sales team and existing Legal/ BDO
- Excellent Excel and analytical skills, proficient in PowerPoint
- Experience detecting revenue recognition issues
- Proven experience working in a high-volume contract administration department
- Strong time management and organization skills with flexibility to work in a fast-paced, changing and international work environment
Join Unit4 and you’ll be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the cloud software space today. We’re a fast-paced and high-growth people-centric cloud player offering a host of benefits & development opportunities for individuals serious about their career
- A culture built on trust. That’s why we offer our people an uncapped time off policy and remote working opportunities. We focus on results, not how many days you work or where that work takes place
- Work, learn & be inspired by some of the best talent in the software space
- Private medical cover, health insurance, life assurance, contributory pension scheme (employee 3% and Unit4 8%) and a whole host of other market-leading flexible benefits
- Talent program for high performers. Each year we provide a platform for high potential talent to accelerate their careers!
- Committed to corporate social responsibility with our Act4Good initiative, our global movement to do good, and a way for everyone at Unit4 to come together and engage in actions that benefit society
- Diversity4U. Helping our people thrive starts with a safe and inclusive work environment. We launched our Diversity4U program that builds on our “be genuine” value
Videos To Watch
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!