Meet Unit4. We’re a fast-paced growth cloud company, changing the game in ERP for mid-market people-centric organizations. We’re on a mission to turn 40 years of conventional legacy ERP software on its head and re-write the industry.
We are in Business for People, empowering people in service organizations with innovative Enterprise and Business software solutions. We’ve innovated and taken a new approach to delivering ERP that works for people. Self-driving, adaptive and intuitive software that is changing the way people work. Our solutions empower people and deliver a better people experience so people can spend time on meaningful high value work they live for.
Read more on our website about how we transform work and how people feel about it, so our customers and their people can thrive.
We are looking for a creative and innovative event marketing professional to lead events in Continental Europe (Benelux, DACH, France) as part of Unit4’s Global events team. This role is a maternity cover for at least 9 months. You will be responsible for the regional events strategy working with local sales and marketing teams, whilst operating within a global structure. In addition, you will be responsible for executing all of Unit4’s own internal and customer events as well as helping lead our 3rd party presence at all tradeshow and conferences we attend in the CE region.
Preferred candidate locations: Benelux, France or DACH. Fluency in English and either German, Dutch or French is a must.
You know how to build business cases, lure people to events with strong messages and positioning, measure the efficacy of events, strong at contract negotiations, adept at cross-functional collaboration. This position reports to the Director of Global Events.
What you will do
- Evaluate and report on the CE event team's success, lessons learned, and areas to improve, continually refining event metrics and reporting in service of delivering efficient pipeline & brand awareness (metrics include ROI, attendee feedback, lead & $ pipe generation, deals influenced/accelerated, bookings attainment, etc.)
- Proactively understand the right and relevant CE and industry moments we should take part in. Lead these activations and campaigns with the wider marketing team to drum up awareness and demand amongst our target buyers and users
- Own the delivery of the event marketing plan and ensures that all stakeholders and support functions are clearly briefed and engaged.
- Ability to see the “big picture” and meet objectives in all stages of event planning, design, and production.
- Management of all event project elements on time and in budget including supplier management, contract negotiation and production schedules.
- Expertly drive pre-show planning meetings, including ownership of planning documentation
- Build and distribute regular pre-show status reports and post-show summary report.
- Create memorable and innovative event experiences for Unit4 customer events, roadshows, high-touch experiential events, as well as 3rd-party tradeshows and conferences.
- Collect data and create reports to clearly communicate each event projects contribution to the company goals and objectives and report back to leadership.
- Work as part of a global events team to drive global consistency, shared best practices and a globally aligned event strategy.
5+ years’ experience in events, marketing and project management including experience with event marketing at a b2b software company
- Experience executing small and medium-scale user/customer events including development, production, and delivery of projects from proposal right up to delivery
- Extensive experience in running webinars and virtual events
- Experience running event marketing campaigns and other digital activities to support pipeline generation
- Experience directly working with marketing leaders to align event strategies with the company’s marketing strategy
- Proficiency with the following/similar tools: Salesforce, Marketo, Asana and Microsoft Office suite
- Unusually high attention to detail
- The ability to thrive under pressure
- Confidence in dealing with key stakeholders and senior executive and influencing decisions
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to make events successful.
- Superb time management and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects independently.
- A willingness to travel (up to 25%) and ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Professional level in English and Dutch, German or French language.
Join Unit4 and you’ll be part of one of the most exciting journeys in the ERP cloud software space today.
- A culture built on trust. That’s why we offer our people an uncapped time off policy and remote working opportunities. We focus on results, not how many days you work or where that work takes place
- On-going monthly learning & development opportunities
- Work, learn & be inspired by some of the best talent in the software space
- Talent program for high performers. Each year we provide a platform for high potential talent to accelerate their careers!
- Committed to corporate social responsibility with our Act4Good initiative, our global movement to do good, and a way for everyone at Unit4 to come together and engage in actions that benefit society
- Diversity4U. Helping our people thrive starts with a safe and inclusive work environment. We launched our Diversity4U program that builds on our “be genuine” value
Our commitment to you
Unit4 is committed to ensuring equal opportunity for everyone. Together, we continue to build an inclusive culture that encourages and celebrates the diversity of our employees, where they all are seen as a real value to the company. We guarantee a fair consideration for employment, without discrimination. Thats why we make our hiring decisions solid based on merit, qualifications and current business needs. We invite you to be a part of this diversity and join our community!