Technical Consultant (cloud/on-premises upgrades engineer)
|Business area:||Professional Services|
As a Technical Consultant you conduct analysis, design and documentation of solutions complimentary to the implementation of Unit4 products. You will perform integration, custom solutions, installation and test activities, using the standard configuration tools for building interfaces and deliver solutions of high quality. The technical consultant is responsible to work on database management, upgrades and tuning.
As a Technical Consultant you will be working from the Near Shore Centre, you will be placed on international customer projects. You will provide your consulting experience mainly, but not exclusively, from the Lisbon Office. International travelling to worldwide customer sites is part of the job.
What you will do
- Work as part of a team to provide technical solutions to customers, working within the Unit4 Implementation Methodology;
- Install, upgrade and update Unit4 products;
- Performance tuning and troubleshooting on Unit4 products;
- Install, upgrade and update various third party products – specifically Microsoft’s operating systems, Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle;
- Ensure all work is undertaken to recognize Unit4 quality standards;
- Be responsible for keeping up to speed with new functionality within the installation processes of Unit4 products;
- Provide customer technical support;
- Produce installation documentation for both internal and external use;
- Produce documentation for technical and non-technical audiences;
- Translate functional requirements into technical designs;
- Transform technical designs into deployable solution and take ownership of its delivery into the implementation;
- Work with reporting, data extraction and manipulation tools as well as using third party products and software development tools;
- Deliver professional Consultancy services, ensuring that the day’s objectives have been met as defined by Project Manager/Lead Consultant;
- Be supportive of colleagues in the learning process;
- Adopt a disciplined and logical approach to problem solving when working with both Customers and Colleagues.
You are energetic, self-motivated and initiative taker. You are a very good team player but also able to work individually. You are an ambitious individual that can demonstrate the ability to perform tasks with quality and in a timely manner with a minimum of supervision. You are enthusiastic, realistic and creative. You like to build relationships, flexible and have an open communication style. You are able to work flexible hours, as customers may need essential support out of core hours from time to time.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in a relevant field.
- +3 years of experience in a similar position.
- Previous experience in Microsoft SQL Server or Oracle database administration;
- Strong knowledge on T-SQL or PL-SQL;
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- A good technical knowledge of Microsoft’s operating systems for servers and workstations;
- An appreciation of networking implementations including TCP/IP, Microsoft Active Directory, DHCP, IIS, DNS and Citrix;.
- Microsoft Certification an advantage;
- Experience of Unit4 Implementations or other ERP systems preferred;
- Excellent Business Analysis skill and Logical thinker with an aptitude for problem solving;
- Ability to apply a disciplined, structured and logical approach to problem solving and solution delivery; working with both colleagues and customers;
- Organized and attention to detail and a consistent ability to meet deadlines;
- Have a disciplined and logical approach to installations;
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, both written and verbally;
- Ability to use initiative and work alone or as part of a multi-discipline team;
- Excellent inter-personal skills combined with ability to quickly develop effective working relationships with internal and external project teams;
- Demonstrate a positive ‘can do’ attitude, taking ownership for the resolution of issues;
- Excellent time management;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to be patient;
- Other technical experience including HTML, XML, XSL and ASP, Web Services and Business Connectors is an advantage;
- Excellent English verbal and written skills;
- Ability to travel
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from each other.
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place where you work hard and are valued for your input.
- A mature and productive development process, where everyone works at a sustainable pace.
- A close working relationship with our stakeholders and support desks.
- An international working environment.
- A place to work and have fun.
- Other working benefits.