Software Engineer - Development
|Office:||St Louis, MO|
|Business area:||Research & Development|
As a Software Engineer you are responsible for delivering high quality code and contributing to the design and architectural decisions of the Unit4 Education Software Solution.
As a Software Engineer you are an integral part of the Agile/Scrum team and continuously deliver software based on user stories. You will contribute to the quality of the user stories focusing on the need for clean and maintainable software. You will be an active participant in daily stand-ups and iteration planning meetings.
As a Software Engineer you deeply care about the customers and the quality of the code that you write, providing with comprehensive unit tests that ensure continuous quality development.
What you will do
- Engage in applications development, coding and testing;
- Provide product improvement feedback and suggestions for process and product improvement;
- Handle troubleshooting and Analysis;
- Development in the following areas:
- Mid-tier Development; Classic ASP, VBScript, COM+ (VB6)
- Database (SQL)
- 3 - 6 years of relevant experience.
- Familiarity with Agile/Scrum concepts and practices.
- Enthusiastic and effective communicator
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Flexibility and the ability to work in a continually changing, client-focused environment;
- Ability to balance multiple high-priority deliverables;
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills;
- Self-managed and motivated;
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to follow through tasks to completion;
- Very organized and detail oriented;
- Customer-friendly attitude.
- A challenging international working environment;
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from you;
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place where you work hard but also play hard;
- A chance to further develop your leadership skills;
- We support you in developing your own skills and grow your own career.
UNIT4 Business Software is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.