Senior Technical Support Consultant
|Business area:||Customer Support|
We are seeking a Senior Technical Support Consultant for our Singapore office working with our Best In Class Financials solutions. In this role, you will carry out the provision of product Technical Support via telephone and remote connection to customer systems, as well as occasional site visits. Do you want to be part of a team where you will be responsible for providing a professional, efficient and effective support service to Unit4 customers in the resolution of support requests and the completion of a variety of other tasks required to support our customer base?
What you will do
- Investigate and document technical problems passed to the Technical Support team via Unit4’s case logging system, providing solutions, potential workarounds or action plans. These problems can include such things as, Operating Systems, RDBMS and Web configurations
- Keep customers updated at all times through written and verbal communications
- Process all cases in accordance with Company response times / escalation procedures
- Have the ability to handle customer escalations, taking ownership of complicated issues, thereby demonstrating the ability to take over a case at any stage of investigation within your area of expertise.
- Be pro-active in highlighting potential escalation risks with your Team Leader and co-ordinate any additional resource requirements to assist with investigations
- Comply with Company’s information and Security Requirements and all company business procedures, policies and ISO/BS standards
- The role is primarily based in the Singapore office, but you may be required to visit customer sites to assist in the resolution of technical problems
- Occasional ‘out of hours’ and also potential for weekend work occurring as part of the 24/7 support function
- You should be self-motivated with a positive attitude
- You should be an approachable, enthusiastic and flexible team player
- You exhibit excellent analytical skills, approaching problem solving with a logical and solid methodology, with the ability to work under pressure
- You should possess the ability and motivation to self-teach in new areas and be prepared to pass on existing and new knowledge to other team members through guidance and/or internal training.
- You should have excellent time management skills
- You have strong working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- You have good knowledge of Windows Database server and SQL Server performance tools (eg. SQL profiler)
- You have strong experience/understanding in the following areas:
- working in a database-centric, client-server to web-enabled environment
- working knowledge of Java containers (e.g. Glassfish, Wildfly, JBoss)
- implementation of new systems into existing infrastructures
- Java based applications
- You possess the ability to write and understand SQL queries.
- You have knowledge of TCP/IP and fundamental networking concepts.
- You offer a high standard of communication and interpersonal skills
Additional desirable skills
- Experience of web services and XMLi
- Experience in Unix/Linux/iSeries
A very challenging position in our organisation. We are a fast-moving and international organisation where you are able to develop new initiatives. Enthusiastic colleagues across departments that are keen on working with you and on sharing knowledge and expertise. A flexible and solution oriented workplace, where you work hard but also play hard.