Senior Software Engineer - Student Management
|Business area:||Research & Development|
Do you want to be part of a scrum team and contribute to the quality of one of our products, focusing on the need for clean and maintainable software? Are you ready to work with colleagues across Europe and America and to be exposed to different cultures? Join our team and apply now!
Our R&D team in Granada (Spain) is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who will be responsible for delivering high quality code and contributing to the design and architectural decisions of Unit4 Student Management.
Unit4 Student Management is a next-generation student information system for colleges and universities that combines the latest technology with 30 years’ experience working with education institutions. Click here for more information.
What you will do
- You will work together with a team of developers and testers, who are eager to share their knowledge and experience and also to learn from you;
- You will develop code following Agile Software Development, and you will join in daily stand-ups and iteration planning;
- You will define the software structure as required and ensure it complies with the architectural vision and simplicity of the design rules;
- You will be responsible for code reviews and your code will be reviewed by your colleagues. You will also refine user stories with the team!
- You will be able to analyze the root cause of defects in order to provide the most comprehensive fixes for every issue.
- You will apply Test Driven Development methodology;
- You will work closely with Product Management (PM) to create code for solutions that meet the needs and wants of our customers, all over the world.
- You will receive different trainings to keep progressing your career, not only related to our producs but also technology related and softskills training.
As a Senior Software Engineer you are passionate about high quality software solutions and motivated to help customers with the best fitted business solution. You contribute with your creativity and new ideas to the Unit4 Student Management software´s development and come up with new possibilities and improvements of the software. Due to your scrum mindset, you always help the team to determine the risks associated with an implementation.
- 3+ years experience developing C# or other related languages. .Net Framework.
- SQL knowledge.
- SQL Server Reporting Services is an advantage.
- The ability to analyze problems and implement solutions for debugging; and willing to share your ideas to improve design´s decisions
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies, including Scrum and Test Driven Development
- Good at interacting in English with your colleagues, both verbally and in writing.
In our office in Granada, you will find a great, young and energetic team! You will find a team that allows high level of flexibility and independence where work/life balance is in focus – this means that you’re the one responsible to manage your working hours (Flexi Time), and even work from home.
You will find a a team that comes from a diverse background, sharing a passion and drive for innovation and quality. Check out our Bug Conquest https://vimeo.com/201849957
There is also time for you to have fun participating in social events organized by our Unit4Fun group, time for solidarity causes with our Unit4Cares group, time for sports with Unit4Moves and time to be conscious about the role of women in technology with our Business Women Network.
Please apply in English – why?
Unit4 is an international software company with business units all over the world. We cherish our cultural differences and celebrate our common values. English is the common language in our company and therefore we kindly ask you to submit your cv in English