Senior Software Engineer
|Business area:||Research & Development|
Help us create the next generation self-driving enterprise software.
People Platform department within Unit4 is looking for a creative and ambitious developer to help us fulfil the vision set by our Chief Architect.
“The People Platform department is responsible for delivering a solid foundation for solving Unit4 Eco-System wide challenges – within architecture, integration, common enterprise functionality, frameworks usage and tooling – by delivering the platform for future integrations and common enterprise functionality, govern architectural transitions and conducting incubation of holistic applicable features and technologies to support self-driving software.”
This vision has amongst other things resulted in the delivery of a set of integration services such as identity services, user provisioning services, messaging framework and API standards. To support our self-driving software vision, we have been running a number of incubation projects, which have resulted in delivery of our digital assistant Wanda and a set of true microservices such as our receipt recognition service. We are a Microsoft partner and since the last couple of years we have enabled our products to run in Microsoft Azure. As an example of our innovation see "Wands meets Alexa" https://vimeo.com/199184197
To make it in the People Platform department you have to be an engineer by heart, creative, being able to communicate your ideas , have fun when programming and be a team player. You don’t need 15 years of experience you just need the right attitude.
We are engineers and architects with a diverse background, sharing a passion and drive for innovation and quality. We look for people that both complete and challenge us to reach our goals.
Qualifications and experience:
* Minimum 4 years higher education within information technology and/or equivalent relevant experience within software development
* Excellent English language skills, both written and oral is essential in the position
* Previous experience from working within a multi-disciplinary team/project environment will be an advantage, especially if it is combined with knowledge and experience from agile software development
* Norwegian language skills is an advantage, but not a requirement to succeed in the position
Experience using one or more of the following technologies is an advantage:
* .NET and C#
* Microservice architectures
* Message based architectures
* DevOps practices
* Azure PaaS services and management
* Modern web development, HTML5 and CSS3
* Polyglot storage (SQL, Document Databases)
* Machine learning
* To be a part of the development of the best ERP solution in the world
* Challenges and possibilities in an international environment
* High level of flexibility and independence where work/life balance is in focus
* Attractive pension and insurance packages with additional benefits such as company cabin and flexible work hours
* Youthful and social environment marked by enthusiasm and integrity
* Wide range of social activities and events organised by Unit4 Activity Club (i.e. skiing, cycling, golf, food and wine club)
More about Unit4: http://www.unit4.com/no