Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer
|Office:||Remote, St Louis, MO|
|Business area:||Research & Development|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer in St. Louis, MO.
We deliver the industry’s most complete and cutting edge management technology systems for colleges and universities. We are on a mission to make all higher education campuses exciting, stimulating idea-generating communities that run smoothly, efficiently and cost-effectively for students, faculty and stakeholders alike. Do you have an agile mind, an independent spirit, are creative, curious and always looking for ways to succeed? Are you the one who is never content with “good enough” or “just like the other guys”? Unit4 could be the place for you. Join us and apply now!
What you will do
- You will be responsible for working with the project team to define the scope for testing within the context of each sprint / delivery;
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration and regression);
- Track testing progress and defects via OnTime;
- Responsible for authoring automated test suites;
- Front end GUI via C# and Selenium Webdriver (Not Selenium IDE) / Sikuli;
- Service layer testing using C# and one of NUnit, xUnit, etc. Familiarity with Moq a plus;
- Backend SOAP XML using SOAP UI;
- The QA Automation Engineer will author C# code (automation is not record and playback);
- Define, build and use utilities, tools and test suites as part of a test automation architecture.
As the Senior Quality Assurance Automation Engineer you will increase and maintain product quality by planning and performing automated and manual software product testing activities (e.g. system, user acceptance, etc.) during each sprint and as part of the release process.
- Good experience coding in C# and experience with Selenium Webdriver testing tool;
- Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly;
- Enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team empowerment;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies to exploratory testing;
- Experience with testing in an Agile environment;
- Recent experience with the following tools/technologies: Visual Studio (C#), MS SQL Server, XML, TFS;
- Knowledge of test driven development (TDD) and the virtues of unit testing;
- Experience in higher education environment is a plus;
- Bachelor’s Degree, ideally in a technical discipline, or 5 years’ experience in a technical industry as a quality assurance professional;
- Must be able to travel globally without impediment.
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from each other’s knowledge;
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place; where you work hard but also play hard;
- An agile and creative environment;
- Work with a next-generation product.
Unit4 does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies.