Senior Implementation Consultant - HR & Payroll
|Office:||Remote, Burlington, MA, New York, St Louis, MO|
|Business area:||Professional Services|
The Senior Implementation Consultant serves as the highest level solution and business architecture expert for the design and deployment of the Unit4 Business World Human Resources and Payroll. The position provides leadership, direction, and accountability for strategic application plans, system design and implementation. This role requires that the senior implementation consultant to be a subject matter expert in both software and customer industry knowledge. Their efforts will focus on the critical customer business processes, gathering requirements, designing solutions, data integration, and software configuration. Ultimately they create the application design and implementation plan to meet the customers’ business needs.
- Act as an expert and creative visionary for how the software solution will be utilized
- Provide estimates for design and implementation efforts
- Lead development of formalized solution methodologies, ensure overall solution-level integrity
- Build and maintain repository for deliverables, methodologies, and business development documents
- Oversee aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within the solution area
- Negotiate scope and feature requirements with business stakeholders
- Responsible for the gathering of business objectives and architecting solutions to deliver on those objectives
- Perform GAP analysis to determine customization and project planning purposes
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex problem sets, develop creative solutions to same
- Conduct application training for customers/super users
- Create appropriate documentation for referencing best practices and knowledge transfer
- Research and retrieve information needed to serve client needs
- Support improvements of the UNIT4 Implementation Methodology (U4IM), collateral and practices by recommending changes to business process templates, systems configuration guides and implementation procedures
- Deliver a high level of commitment to client success and provide timely and quality services that meet or exceed expectations
- Works with business partners to provide guidance and support in the deployment of complex application solutions
- Act as a mentor/coach to other Implementation Consultants to ultimately develop their skills to a SSA level
- Communicate with Unit4 and Customer project managers/sponsors
- Participates in R&D activities to advance the development of the product roadmap
- Contribute to the development of Statements of Work and Proposals
- Participate in oral presentation of software and professional services capabilities to potential clients
- Assist in the qualifying the opportunities and assist with pre-sales support.
- Experience in Business Process Analysis & Design
- An expert in the wide spectrum or Human Resources business process,
- An expert in Payroll – Canada and US.
- Working knowledge of Project, Costing and Billing is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to influence actions and gain the support of others to meet objectives.
- Excellent analytical skills, data management and reporting capability
- Ability to multi-task amongst several projects and priorities.
- Demonstrated proficient written and verbal communication skills to all levels of the organization (internal and external).
- Strong relationship management, teamwork, and presentation skills
- Experience working in a project environment to produce a product or service within a specified timeframe and budget.
- Able to use a wide variety of tools including MS Office, Excel, Access and PowerPoint; MS Project and Visio
- Able to work with all members of customer team from users to sponsors/executive level
- 7+ years of implementation/consulting experience with ERP business processes
- 7+ years of experience in Human Resources and Payroll
- A minimum of 10 full lifecycle implementations as a ERP functional consultant
- Ability to travel extensively 50% to 75%, including international as required
- Holds a valid driver’s license (or can obtain one by start date)
- Holds a valid passport (or can obtain one by start date)
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Management Information Systems or Business
- Highly engaged and energetic: A Senior Solution Architect should require very little direction. Once the Architect understands the business objectives; they should be a driving force in the organization’s success.
- CAN-DO ATTITUDE: Positive, self-starters who rise to the challenge and take personal responsibility for solutions and results
- CUSTOMER EMPATHY: Delivering relevant value to customers by listening, understanding and reflecting back what is heard and providing solutions
- HUMBLE: Respectfully collaborating in the best interest of the customer, company, team and self
Supervises: Mentors and supervises their project team
Location: Home Based -
Travel Requirements: 50-75%. Candidates must possess a valid passport and driver's license and be able to travel throughout North America.
UNIT4 Business Software is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, present or past history of mental disability, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.