|Business area:||Research & Development|
Unit4 is a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. With annual revenue of over 600M Euro and more than 4200 employees worldwide, Unit4 delivers ERP, industry-focused and best-in-class applications. Thousands of organizations from sectors including professional services, education, public services, not-for-profit, real estate, wholesale, and financial services benefit from Unit4 solutions. Unit4 is in business for people.
We are looking for experienced Software Engineers for Unit4 R&D Product Services in Oslo, Norway. The department is responsible for all released versions of Unit4 Business World On!(formerly known as Agresso) on the market as used by our customers. We provide product support to our Customer Services organisation and are responsible for maintaining the quality of the released product versions and we deliver regular software updates with corrections and enhancements to our customer base.
In order to be a candidate for these positions, you need to have excellent problem solving skills. Your analytical and communication skills are very important as you will work with our functional System Analysts to find the best solutions. You have a solid IT background and experience with programming complex software products and you understand the requirements of maintenance programming. As a Software Engineer in Product Services, your main responsibility will be maintenance programming on our supported product versions. The support chain is organised in product teams. You need to play an active part in this network and be team-oriented and adaptive. You will be part of a challenging and developing environment. You will be part of an engineering team with highly skilled and experienced Software Engineers.
What you will do
- Root cause analysis of issues in collaboration with System Analysts
- Develop solutions for complex bug fixes, statutory changes and enhancements on Unit4 Business World On!
- Perform code reviews
- Follow the code standards and best practices
- Play an active role in relevant forums
- BA/MSc within information technology and/or equivalent relevant experience within software development
- Experience in working with C# and .NET is required
- Fluent written and oral English
- Experience with C++, SQL and Ria/JS/HTML5 is an advantage
- To be a part of the development of the best ERP solution in the world
- Challenges and possibilities in an international environment
- High level of flexibility and independence where work/life balance is in focus
- Attractive pension and insurance packages with additional benefits such as company cabin and flexible work hours
- Social environment marked by enthusiasm and integrity
- Wide range of social activities and events organised by Unit4 Activity Club (i.e. skiing, cycling, golf, food and wine club)