Senior Business Intelligence (BI) consultant
|Business area:||Professional Services|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
What will you do
You will work as a Consultant Business Intelligence at our Business Unit Business Intelligence Solutions (BIS). BIS provides services regarding Business Intelligence, Enterprise Reporting, Management Information and Datawarehousing in various segments and industries. E.g. Healthcare, WholeSale, Logistics, PSA and Finance.
Unit4 BIS is, besides selling BI software and solutions, responsible for the technical support and training for our customers and partners. As a Consultant Business Intelligence you will guide and implement our Business Intelligence solutions at our customers and partners.
BIS is a certified Gold Partner of BI software (Oracle) and partner&distributor of Qlik software.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Identify, understand and analyze data from various sources;
- Design processes to link/match/integrate/build large and complex data sets;
- Mine the data in unconventional ways to identify new use or extract insights or visualize information;
- Develop prototypes, proof of concepts, algorithms, predictive models, and custom analysis;
- Build prototypes and processes to scale up data processing and output production;
- Understand and frame up business problems and develop/deliver the best analysis/solutions to meet the needs, and come up with a convincing and easy to understand business story;
- Experiment and scale up new ways of insights delivery and utilization;
- Working with the sales ops team to improve current process and develop new process to improve the department's efficiencies;
Knowledge and skills
- SQL skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent or Dutch native speaking skills, both written and verbal;
- Good English skills, both written and verbal;
- A people person;
- Business acumen;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Easily adaptable and flexible to changing situations;
- Passion for delivering compelling solutions that exceed client expectations;
- Knowledge of BI Reporting & Analytics Tools Oracle BI and/or Qlik;
- Knowledge of complex databases (SQL-Server, Oracle, Sybase, AS/400);
Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in IT.
- Experience in a similar position preferred (1-5 years);
- Experience or expertise in Oracle BI, Qlik, Microsoft ETL for datawarehousing.;
- Experience with working with databases/data warehouse. Able to keep up to date with industry best practice, tools, and technology;
- Experience with data query, visualization, dashboard and/or CPM tools preferred.
You are energetic, self-motivated an initiative taker. You are a very good team player but also able to work individually. You are enthusiastic, realistic and creative. You like to build relationships, flexible and have an open communication style.
Please apply in English
Unit4 is an international software company with business units all over the world. We cherish our cultural differences and celebrate our common values. Despite you will primarily speak Dutch in this position. English is the common language in our company and therefore we kindly ask you to submit your cv and cover letter in English.