Senior Accounts Payable Specialist
|Business area:||Finance & Administration|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that people experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that fits the way people work, not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
As the Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, you will report to the Director of Finance and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and preparing and monitoring the payroll system.
What you will do
- You will review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- You will sort and distribute incoming mail
- You will be in-charge of vendor onboarding process to ensure policies are followed
- You will prioritize invoices according to cash discount potential and payment terms
- You will respond to all vendor inquiries
- You will reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- You will assist in month end closing
- You will maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- You will assist with other projects as needed
As a Senior Accounts Payable Specialist, you like to use your problem solving skills in order to come up with the best business solution for your customer. In order to do this you listen carefully to the needs and wants, which you translate into a fitted action plan. These action plans can differ per customer. This triggers your resourceful and curious nature because you want to explore and offer the best solutions.
- Degree in Accounting and 5 years working experience in accounting preferred
- Detail oriented, can-do attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- About 5 years of relevant experience in the preparation, administration and monitoring of contracts and agreements.
- Highly motivated, dynamic and proactive approach.
- Stable employment with an attractive salary
- Working in a challenging international environment
- We invest in your personal and professional growth
- Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other