Quality Assurance Engineer
|Office:||St Louis, MO|
|Business area:||Research & Development|
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you are responsible for increasing and maintaining product quality by planning and performing manual software product testing activities during each sprint and as part of the release process.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer you are responsible for assessing and evaluating quality assurance test requirements to determine the scope of the functionality to be covered by testing.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for working with the project team to define the scope for testing within the context of each sprint / delivery;
- Design test plans, scenarios, scripts or procedures;
- Write and maintain test documentation. Track testing progress and defects via Axosoft tool;
- Plan test schedules or strategies in accordance with project scope or delivery data;
- Identify, analyze, and document problems with program function, output or content;
- Maintain consistent records and documentation of all tests and certifications;
- Work in cross-functional teams and maintain awareness of status, progression of work activities and business issues that affect the team;
- Identify critical issues and escalate to the development team in a cross functional environment to track defects to closure;
- Perform initial debugging procedures by reviewing configuration files, logs or code pieces to isolate the source of the error;
- Identify program deviance from standards, and suggest better ways to ensure compliance;
- Monitor program performance to ensure efficient and problem-free operations;
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness;
- Provide technical and product related support during software installation or configuration;
- Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration and regression);
- Participate in story creation, backlog grooming, sprint planning and release planning;
- Author test plans, planning and strategy documents;
- Manually perform ad hoc and exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected by end user;
- Setup, upgrade and maintenance of test environments;
- Responsible for performing manual tests for Mosaic ERP educational software;
- Ensure proper documentation related to testing deliverables and lessons learned;
- Report and demo testing results.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies to exploratory testing;
- Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, great interpersonal skills;
- Ability to multi-task among various scrum team activities;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Strong knowledge of traditional testing methodologies and how it applies to exploratory testing.
Bachelor’s degree (technical discipline related preferred) or other relevant study.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Experience with testing in an Agile/Scrum environment;
- Recent experience with the following tools/technologies: Visual Studio (C#), MS SQL Server, XML, TFS preferred;
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD) and the virtues of unit testing a plus, familiarity with test tools;
- Experience in higher education environment preferred;
- Any automation or scripting preferred.
You have attention to detail. You are enthusiastic and fun individual with an attitude of team empowerment. You are responsible, self-motivated and always driven to become better.