Product Support Specialist (Software Tester)
|Business area:||Research & Development|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission, because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that people experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that works the way people want, not the other way around. Join us in our fight against the digital downgrade.
As a Product Support Specialist you will define and prioritize the detailed test cases derived from the User Acceptance Criteria and record them in the test case management system.
You will execute the test cases, monitor the test coverage, evaluate the overall quality experience when executing the test plan and report test progress and defects, weaknesses and usability issues.
What you will do
Product Development, Enhancements, Software Testing and Quality Assurance
- Participates in the product development and design changes analysis. The roles will involve in-depth troubleshooting and analysis of databases, software testing from prototype rollout to production support. Job holder deploys structure system analysis using structural approach. Perform data analysis and determine a suitable database profile.
- Ensures proper documentation for the change control and in compliance with the establish system. Provide documentation of Product Specification for new products and design changes.
- Debugs software programmes and present prototype to internal staff for comments, redesign the layout or function wherever essential.
- Must know the changing needs of the clients, change of government regulations, better understanding of HR practices so as to design the company’s products to meet their needs and requirement.
- Ensure that the Design and Development Planning is carried out in compliance to the ISO9001:2000 requirement.
System Training and Clients’ Support
- The job holder shall conduct training for customers whenever required as a supporting role. His/Her roles include supporting internal/external customers and attend to pre- and post- sales support.
- Job holder will handle solution design and implementation / installation whenever applicable.
The following will be applicable when a new project is assigned to the jobholder in supporting a Consultant for implementation of a newly developed product:
- Conduct kick-off meeting with customer.
- Plan implementation schedule with the customer.
- Conduct system study and gather requirements.
- Conduct testing and verification check on customizations.
- Conduct system training.
- Prepare and update user acceptance scripts.
- Make changes to the products after the specification in relation to each project.
- Manage activities in accordance to sales contracts and agreements.
- Job holder shall acquire new knowledge on any new technology which the company has embarked on. Involve other programmers to participate in the evaluation process.
- The job holder carries out the test of the new product and / or new technology. Need to constantly work with Systems Manager on the application of new technology and feedback for any concern or issue.
- Documentation of Business Processes and compliance to ISO Standards.
- Other duties as and when assigned.
You have strong analytical skills and attention to detail. You have a high degree of initiative and are always looking for the best solution for the customers. You are a solid team-player and enjoy working collaboratively and seeing a piece of work through to completion.
- Diploma or degree in Information Technology or Computer Science or equivalent
- 3+ years of exposure in HR information system and thorough understanding of HR function or SDLC/Software Quality Assurance involvement.
- Regional payroll experience required
- Knowledge of SQL
- Stable employment with an attractive salary
- Working in a challenging international environment
- We invest in your personal and professional growth
- Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other