|Business area:||Research & Development|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
Want to contribute to our purpose: to deliver innovative enterprise solutions to people so they can focus on what really matters: serving their customers? Now you can because we are seeking a global Product Director based in the US! This is the most senior role in Product Management and you will get to hold the e-2-e accountability for the overall performance current and in the future of one of our newest and most innovative solutions for our customers in the Higher Education space. So, are you a thought-leader who creates the vision? Can you manage functional and technological foundations so we can establish a significant growth in our industry? Finally, would you like to invest in your personal development and want to be part of an international fast-growing organization that is one of the leaders in business software? Join us and apply now!
What you will do
- You will create the vision around how we want to solve given customer issues better than anybody else in the market;
- You define the functionalities and architecture needed to successfully do so;
- You create and publish a prioritized roadmap that takes into consideration customers/prospects requirements, but also overall trends and the behaviour of competitors;
- You develop and manage an overall business case for the entire solution;
- You contribute to thought leadership, positioning, and pre-sales material and demo-systems in close cooperation with Product Marketing;
- You support Product Marketing in clearly articulating the value proposition and interact directly with analysts, key customers, partners and in events to maximize market adoption;
- With your leadership and mentorship, you build a small but powerful PM-core team, which is able to scale and orchestrate the larger R&D and Go-to-Market communities and make the product/solution successful in the market.
As a Product Director, you take on the natural role as key customer because you are the one that shapes many customer experiences. How? By zooming in on all aspects of our business software that users pick up intuitively, which enables them to work smarter and more connected so they are effective wherever they work and learn. Think about attending industry conferences, creating white papers and blogs and by joining discussions in industry forums on social media. People working with business software are actually the ones who decide with us what the newest solutions should look like so they can focus on what really matters: helping and supporting their colleagues, customers and society with their work.
- 8-12 years of executive level experience in the higher education industry, or alternatively, similar experience as a successful supplier of software or Consulting services to the topic of “learning”.
- Well rounded product (and possibly R&D) management skills and successful track record in delivering against targets;
- You have solid knowledge around the key business processes and best practices in this industry;
- You are able to evaluate relevant knowledge about trends in technologies, market conditions, and the competitive environment related to the solutions and target customers;
- Experience in managing cross-functional or multi-cultural teams;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to both business and technical audiences;
- You establish and maintain good c-level relationships.
- You will get to further develop your leadership and mentorship skills within your team;
- Training on products and competences to further develop your in-depth knowledge and skills;
- Enthusiastic colleagues across teams who are keen on working with you and sharing their knowledge and expertise;
- Informal “Work hard, Play hard” environment in which having fun is essential;
- Work with a leading international system in an international organization;
- A high level of flexibility and independence;
- A position in our organization where you are able to develop new initiatives;
- A chance to participate in the creation of business software that fits the way people work.
Unit4 does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies.