Principal Business Consultant
|Country:||Canada, United States|
|Office:||Burlington, MA, Remote, New York, St Louis, MO, Victoria, BC|
|Business area:||Professional Services|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
Due to continued growth in the United States and Canada we are looking for a Principal Business Consultant, for our PSA suite.
What you will do
- With your knowledge and business acumen, you will select the best methods and techniques to design non-routine and complex business solutions to meet your customers' needs;
- You influence customer leadership to facilitate the closing of consulting deals;
- You will contribute to statements of work, work breakdown structures and/or level of effort and staff plans;
- You will present and demonstrate solutions to customers;
- You are responsible for transitioning deal knowledge to implementation for team members;
- You are leading the domain specific solution design aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality and integrated business solutions;
- With your knowledge and expertise, you will help and coach your colleagues and customers when needed.
You will be part of a ‘close’ team that works with and for each other and the customer. As a consultant you will analyze and review customer needs, support the design of business processes and ensure quality of functional design. You are creative and flexible and understand implementing solutions. Your interpersonal skills afford creating and maintaining long termed customer relationships.
You are responsible for the configuration as part of the implementation of the PSA modules. You will test and document the PSA software configuration as required and you will use the Unit4 implementation methodology with the goals to go live in time, on budget and to pass on to the customers the ability to modify their system on an ongoing basis.
There can be several approaches to this position. You can have a background from the Professional Services industry or you can have experience from the consultancy area. Alternatively, you come from a role as internal Project Manager, Consultant, Business Consultant, Process Consultant or similar.
- You have an undergraduate degree or equivalent experience;
- You have 6+ years of relevant experience, including 4 years of consulting experience;
- You have experience as a prior team lead or manager;
- You have a broad product, technology or industry expertise;
- You have the ability to craft and articulate strategic solutions;
- You have in-depth knowledge of implementation methodologies and best practices and knowledge of competitive & partner products, technology and solutions;
- You like to travel;
- Your English is fluent.
- You have a solid commercial understanding, business acumen, and are able to convert customer dialogue/needs to consultancy hours.
- A fast-moving, international environment where you are able to develop new initiatives;
- A fun and ambitious team that is eager to work with you;
- A high level of flexibility and independence;
- We invest in your personal and professional growth;
- Enthusiastic colleagues across teams who are keen on working with you and sharing their knowledge and expertise;
- Informal “Work hard, Play hard” environment in which having fun is essential.