Legal Counsel - UK&I
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise application empowering people in service organisations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around.
We're looking to hire a Legal Counsel to be based from Bristol.
As a Legal Counsel, you will be responsible for the provision of sound commercial legal advice within the UK and Ireland. The role covers a wide range of legal issues including, tender reviews and responses, NDAs, partner agreements (re-seller and integrator) with an emphasis on commercial sales contracts particularly within the UK public sector, education and commercial spaces. There is also a variety of other legal matters that may arise from time to time, such as managing HR, property, disputes, banking, corporate housekeeping and commercial/corporate transactions.
What you will do
Draft, negotiate and review sales contracts with all necessary parties in order to mitigate risk to Unit4 whilst at the same time trying to get the deal done. Contracts would include
- Sales contracts
- Partnership Agreements (re-selling third party products and re-selling Unit4 products via third parties and contracts where other parties deliver Unit4 solutions);
- Supplier agreements
- IP & escrow arrangements
- Tender reviews and responses
- Non-disclosure agreements
- To support any legal actions taken either by or against Unit4 (and supporting dispute resolution);
- To support projects within the Unit4 global legal team from time to time;
- To be able to advise on data and security issues (GDPR) for an organisation that processes large volumes of customer information (in the cloud) as part of its service offering;
- To maintain strong working relationships within the UKI organisation, in particular with the UKI sales teams and the global legal team spread across the world.
- Qualified Solicitor
- Minimum 4 years PQE
- In-house experience (preferably in technology or Software vendor/integrator business)
- Experience in IT contracts and technology marketplace
- Experience of cloud computing and working with SaaS, IaaS, or PaaS contracts
- Experience of advising in relation to data protection issues (particularly GDPR)
- Experience of public sector procurement and advising public sector customers
- Strong technical ability to draft commercial contracts
- Good negotiation skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
- A good team player and strong communicator
- Used to working in a fast-paced and constantly changing work environment with a strong work ethic
- Ability to travel where required to customers and other UK&I offices or the Unit4 Head office in the NL (if required)
A very challenging position in our organisation. We are a fast-moving and international organisation where you are able to develop new initiatives. Enthusiastic colleagues across departments that are keen on working with you and on sharing knowledge and expertise. A flexible and solution-oriented workplace, where you work hard but also play hard.