Lead Domain Specialist
|Business area:||Research & Development|
As (Lead) Domain Specialist you are responsible for identifying and delivery of new functional requirements based on legal or statutory requirements, but also identify other market opportunities, which apply to your local territory. You will work closely with the local domain specialists, Product Management Team and Global R&D organization to deliver the solutions to localisation requirements.
As (Lead) Domain Specialist you will validate and accept solutions provided by the Global R&D organization, which are related to the defined functional requirements/user stories. You will define and discuss upon the prioritization for your territory with Global Product Management and Global R&D. You will liaise with sales, customers, consultants, support and partners in rolling- out as well as supporting localisation/local products for your local territory (liaise with external and internal stakeholders).
In order to be successful in this position you need to develop a strong working relationships with customers, (pre)sales, consultants, support, product management and external parties to elicit information from the market, as related to any legal or statutory requirements that apply.
As a (Lead) Domain Specialist you will need to demonstrate strong communication abilities, passion for the domain, have good analytical skills as well as high energy and passion for their work. You must possess high initiative, have the ability to work in a team environment and must be able to influence others through positive communication and behavior.
Key tasks and responsibilities
• Conduct market research, analysis, write product requirements, functional specifications (English)
• Perform acceptance testing of the local requirements delivered by Global R&D
• Continuously working closely with our R&D organisation to transfer business domain knowledge, to ensure business requirements are well understood
• Support the move from on premise products to Cloud and SaaS products and new Cloud services
• Act as the customer during the development phase to make sure that product solutions meet business requirements
• Setting the right priorities regarding defined requirements
• Secure customer participation throughout the development phase in order to ensure that released software meet customer requirements
Software Acceptance, Roll-out and Support
• Review software and documentation delivered against functional requirements
• Conduct pilot projects at designated customers by driving customer participation
• Liaise with local Professional Services, Support and Partner Channel in (local) implementations / pilot projects
• Conduct knowledge transfer to local Professional Services, Support and Partner Channel
• Review translation work in the local language, provided by Translation Agency (i.e. menu & titles, Online Webhelp)
Background and Experience
• Experience and understanding the French market regarding local, legal and statutory requirements and capability of transferring these in functional requirements
• Experience from and expertise in the domain of French legal requirements. Italian and/or Spanish legal requirements a plus.
• Experience from working with Finance and Accountancy practices
• Experience in executing multiple simultaneous projects
• Business Analysis expertise and ability in presenting solid business cases with good results
• Experience with leading the functional design of new products
• Experience with the processes and modules within Unit4 Business World (nice to have)
Knowledge and Skills
• Analytical business skills
• Excellent French and English language skills, both oral and written. Italian and/or Spanish a plus.
• Ability to apply a disciplined, structured and logical approach to problem solving and solution delivery
• Ability to discuss technical issues with developer, and a good understanding of process modelling and adhering to documentation standards
• Ability to test developed work and to provide debugging duties as and when required
• Organised, an attention to detail and a consistent ability to meet deadlines
• Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, both written and verbally
• Analytical, accurate, anticipative, confident and flexible
• Self-starter and team player; creative thinker and resourceful problem solver
• Ability to use initiative and work alone or as part of a multi-discipline team
• Friendly and professional manner
• This role may involve working on site with customers or partners from time to time. This would normally be in the country of the local subsidiary, but may involve international travel (mainly Europe)
• The role may also involve attending meetings with Unit4 product development teams at Global R&D (mainly Europe)
• The role as (Lead) Domain Specialist needs to comply with Company’s information and Security Requirements and all Company business procedures, policies and ISO standards