Internship Business Administration / Intelligence
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are in business for people because we are creating smarter, more connected organizations powered by our business software and solutions that allow people to have a positive and bigger impact on everyone who uses our solutions – from students to project managers, volunteers to CFOs. Help us be the best and join us.
Want to make an impact and leave your mark on one of the cornerstones of our organization?
Since January 1st 2017 Unit4 has been split into two divisions: Global Solutions & Domestic Lines of Business. The Domestic Lines of Business is a portfolio consisting of 8 separate businesses / product groups driving ~€180M of revenues and employing ~1000 people from various countries (NL, BE, ES, PL, HU). To realize synergies between the product lines the decision has been taken to run this part of Unit4 like a portfolio of relatively autonomous businesses.
Given the new division will be run like a portfolio company, with a lot of autonomy for the GMs, there is at management a big need for transparent and automatized business intelligence. The goal is to implement an in-house Business Intelligence application (Unit4 Prevero) to support this. However, before this can happen we need to define which key performance indicators will be most important for management to steer the business. Next there is a need to analyse how to access this data in an automated way. The latter has proven to be difficult driven by a combination of complex infrastructures of legacy back office systems from various legal entities and a partly outsourced process to Poland.
Why your internship at Unit4?
- Challenging projects on the field of Go-To-Market strategies and Growth Plans;
- You will receive guidance by our Global Head of Market Development;
- You will have a lot of freedom in your activities and projects to make your contribution and impact;
- Monthly compensation of € 550 to € 650 gross per month and if applicable a final bonus of up to € 1000 based on the graduation thesis;
- A modern and beautiful office, decorated by Jan des Bouvrie;
- Monthly Thursday drinks at our bar and great coffee made by our professional baristas.
What you will do
You will primarily focus on questions such as:
- What are the most important business insights that management of a portfolio group requires to run and steer the business and with what kind of frequency does this data need to be updated?
- What is the preferred and automated Business Intelligence end-state for the Domestic Lines of Business?
- Which KPIs? / What kind of form? / What kind of frequency? / How will the infrastructure look? / How will the key processes flow?
- What is the current situation of business intelligence and data supply and hence where are the most important gaps with the preferred end-state?
- What are the activities and actions (ownership / timeline & milestones) that need to be done to achieve the preferred end-state?
- Bachelor’s degree in progress in a related field;
- You can execute – you get things done, are able to advance projects with persistence as with diplomacy and tact and you take ownership of your work;
- You are creative and resourceful in solving problems;
- You have excellent PowerPoint skills and advanced knowledge of MS Office (Word and Excel);
- You are IT savvy;
- You are an expert in focussing on the details; able to present and communicate acts, data, recommendations thoughtfully and accurate in providing insights.