Group Reporting & Consolidation Analyst
|Business area:||Finance & Administration|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
As Group Reporting & Consolidation Analyst you will manage the monthly close process, complete the group consolidation, review the regional and consolidated balance sheets and cash flow statements. You will identify and implement best practices further enhancing the Group’s reporting process.
What will you do
Financial Reporting and Consolidation
- Manage the timely completion of all Group closing activities related to month-, quarter-, and year-end consolidations;
- Coordinate the preparation, compilation and review of diverse financial reports on a routine basis, including Lender reports; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures, IFRS and other regulatory requirements (e.g. key stakeholders, DNB (Dutch Central Bank), and CBS (‘Centraal Bureau voor Statistiek’ / Dutch Statistical Institute));
- Serve as a key point of contact in the Group’s close process to regional finance teams and CapGemini teams and external auditors;
- Performs balance sheet reviews to ensure regional and consolidated level financial statements are accurate;
- Manage and support in the preparation of the quarterly condensed and annual financial statements in accordance with IFRS;
- Functional user of Unit4 Consolidation application;
- Maintain the organizational reporting structure in Cash & Consolidation (the Unit4 consolidation application);
- Assist in development and roll-out reports built in the Unit4 Consolidation application;
- Ensure that appropriate disclosures will be made in external financial statements, and embed the collection of the required data into the close process;
- Manage group reporting and consolidation process; ensuring compliance with company policies and procedures as well as IFRS.
Procedures/policies, internal control and IFRS
- Support in development and implementation of new finance and/or accounting policies and procedures through continuous improvement efforts; ensuring compliance with IFRS and other regulatory requirements;
- Identify and implement enhancements of finance processes and tooling, including a standardized set of common reporting across the Group;
- Identify and recommend procedural changes and enhancements to the financial reporting process;
- Identify and recommend “best practices” outside and within the Group and drive adoption within the business;
- Maintain the integrity of the general ledger hierarchy structure; ensuring data accuracy and completeness in the applicable systems;
- Work together with Group Accounting manager ensuring the timelines of new IFRS implementation projects are met; and support with group wide technical accounting papers, impact assessments and gap analyses;
- Work with Group Internal and External Audit and Internal Controls regarding internal control related activities;
- Assist with various other ad hoc projects.
- 4 – 6 years’ related experience;
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred;
- Prior experience in a multi-location accounting environment preferred;
- Strong understanding of financial processes, accounting, reporting and consolidation;
- Concrete knowledge of IFRS;
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Superior oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with all levels of management;
- A result oriented and customer focused mentality;
- A true team player with a proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Strong sense of urgency and able to work under pressure;
- Strong sense of continuous process improvement.
You are used to work in rapidly changing work environment and able to work with a strong sense of urgency both as an individual contributor and as a member of a team. You are energetic, a self-starter an initiative taker allowing you to ensure a “no surprises” environment. Your strong financial reporting and organizational skills allow you to drive results with high attention to detail.
- A challenging and dynamic international environment in which you directly contribute achieving the organization’s goals;
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from each other;
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place; where you work hard but also play hard;
- A chance to further develop your strong financial accounting, reporting and accounting skills;
- You have the freedom to create your own ‘business’ and use your entrepreneurial instinct.