Global Learning & Development Manager
|Business area:||Human Resources, Management|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
As the Global Learning and Development Manager you are responsible for the Learning and Development (L&D) strategy and therefore understand how learning and development contributes to business performance, how to identify and meet skill and development gaps and tailor your response and delivery accordingly. The objective is to establish a L&D strategy that provides an one size fits all support to the business. You are responsible for driving the design, development and delivery of this approach.
You will manage the Learning & Development team (2 direct reports) and act as an Excellence Center for Learning and Development. You will work in close cooperation with the Global Director of Organizational Development, HR Directors, Global Head of Talent Acquisition and other business stakeholders.
What you will do
- Design, implement and evaluate key Learning and Development interventions, concepts and programs in line with our business and related organizational development necessities;
- Facilitate and deliver trainings, workshops and offsites when required (potential international travel) including train the trainer to subject matter experts;
- Identify opportunities to transition learning offerings to digital learning where appropriate;
- You design training solutions using a variety of techniques and methods with a steady-state approach for each new program or intervention;
- You translate business needs and Talent Management results (e.g. succession planning, talent identification, career pathing support tools) into relevant and solid development interventions;
- You increase usage of our Performance, Learning Management systems and implement 70/20/10 learning delivery (including Train-the-Trainer) across the company;
- Together with the Global Director of Organisational Development define program goals, design scalable pilots – blended where possible to combine live, virtual and coaching elements;
- Manage overall approach, scheduling and program elements to budget.
You are able to hit the ground running and make an immediate contribution. Your previous experience of working in a hands-on learning and development role enables you to design, develop and when needed execute training and development solutions. Through your enthusiasm you contribute to Talent Management and annual career development processes, as well as the overall L&D strategy and change projects. You are skilled in developing relationships with a broad range of HR and business stakeholders and have the ability to manage and implement projects in a variety of business environments and teams.
- You have a Master degree in Psychology, Educational Science or a similar field;
- You bring 7+ years of experience in a similar role;
- You have a track record in the deployment of learning initiatives on a global level aimed at increasing organizational performance;
- You are able to scope, design and support engaging, blended & innovative (digital) learning interventions / materials that can scale across Unit4 globally, to embed a stronger people management culture;
- You bring strong training delivery and facilitation skills and have delivered training and development workshops for subject matter experts, through to managers;
- You have bring a rich learning and development experience from analysis – through delivery;
- You are able to project manage and lead the global roll-out of management development strategy;
- You love to work in a dynamic, international customer driven, never dull and fast paced environment;
- Your English is fluent.
- An attractive salary and secondary benefits;
- Monthly Thursday drinks at our awesome coffee bar in Utrecht;
- A position in our organization where you are able to develop new initiatives and motivate teams to be at their best;
- Enthusiastic colleagues across teams who are keen on working with you and sharing their knowledge and expertise;
- A high level of flexibility and independence and a chance to leave your mark in the creation of business software that fits the way people work.