Global Lead of Quality Education R&D
|Business area:||Management, Research & Development|
Unit4 is looking for a Global Lead of Quality to head Unit4’s Education R&D quality organization. This position will partner with product management, development, architecture and operations stakeholders to deliver quality features that enhance the customer experiences of our education solutions. This is a leadership role that requires passion around driving quality strategy, test automation strategy, architectural alignment, and ultimate business success. If you have a passion and desire for making a positive impact to the company bottom line in an agile environment, this is the place for you.
What you will do
- Plan, implement, and organize organizational process improvements based on a sound understanding of the current strengths and weaknesses of our processes;
- Ensure the quality in projects, processes, people and products are top-notch. You build a great culture in which quality across the development hubs is crucial;
- Define and implement a QA organizational structure including content for the roles and career paths;
- Be a leader by heart and be one for the Quality teams and the greater R&D organization;
- Make sure there is a smooth transition when other products merge / acquisitions / 3rd party OEM products into standard process;
- Provide oversight and communications across teams/domains/georgraphies to ensure agile principles and R&D quality standards (code coverage, TDD, code reviews, etc.) are followed;
- Represent R&D towards product management, product marketing, senior staff, in pre-sales situations regarding quality and other related subjects.
You will have a successful history of building and motivating strong, world-class teams, applying strategic thinking, and executing effectively to deliver a track record of sustained accomplishments. You will be adept at working with globally distributed teams and have experience leading global product development teams in highly successful software product development environments. You will have demonstrable leadership skills, the ability to hire outstanding talent and coach them to success and a track record for forming strong trusted relationships with key stakeholders as well as with their employees. You will thrive in an environment that fosters an innovation and above all be grounded on a strong sense of integrity and values.
- You have a relevant degree with specialization in testing and quality assurance;
- You have industry ceritifications such as ISTQB Advanced TA or TM;
- You have led teams in test automation transformations and have a strong IT and specifically software development background;
- You have know-how of agile development (preferably SCRUM), testing, and agile processes;
- You have the charisma and leadership to explain and convince your teams and stakeholders about the best solutions and new ways of working;
- You balance business results with quality;
- You easily connect and talk with people on different levels;
- Your English is fluent.
- An attractive salary;
- Continuous training on products and competencies;
- Enthusiastic colleagues across teams who are keen on working with you and sharing their knowledge and expertise;
- Informal “Work hard, Play hard” environment in which having fun is essential;
- Work with a leading international ERP system in an international organization;
- A high level of flexibility and independence;
- A position in our organization where you are able to develop new initiatives;
- A chance to participate in the creation of business software that fits the way people work.