|Business area:||Research & Development|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission, because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that people experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that works the way people want, not the other way around. At Unit4, we work towards equal opportunities.
Our R&D center in Granada is looking for a DevOps Engineer. As a DevOps Engineer you are part of the teams core structure and you will work with multiple cross functional scrum team and as such you will continuously be involved in the process of creating software based on user stories being your main responsibility to ensure supporting cloud and on-premises infrastructure and tooling is in place and to develop it according to best practices and latest technologies.
Unit4 applications are built on a hybrid cloud architecture, across Azure and on-premises Hyper-V & Vmware envrionments. Our development, build and test stack is composed of Windows Server with SQL Server and Oracle databases. Continuous integration is achieved by automation and orchestration of .Net builds using Team City & CruiseControl.Net.
What you will do
- Integrate Unit4 Business World On! Localisations and Local products into R&D Infrastructure on the following areas:
- Continuous Build;
- Continuous Test;
- Continuous Delivery;
- Process automation and implementation of best practices;
- Server administration for the mentioned tasks;
- Participate on CI/CD process definition and infrastructure settings together with Technical Services team in Oslo/Granada and with Lead Engineers;
- Participate in the definition of cloud Devops processes;
- Participate in the definition and continuous improvement of the software installation process;
- Document and communicate processes;
- Work towards achieving full “infrastructure as code” in VSTS;
You are passionate about high quality software solutions and motivated to help colleagues around R&D with the best fitted business solution. You contribute with your creativity and new ideas to the software´s development and come up with new possibilities and improvements of the software and related devops processes.
- Minimum 3 years higher education within information technology and/or equivalent relevant experience within software development;
- Experience on scripting languages such as PowerShell is required;
- Experience with source control systems such as TFS;
- Experience with:
- Azure cloud deployment in general;
- DevOps automation platforms like e.g. Chef or Puppet;
- Continuous integration systems like e.g. TeamCity or CC.NET;
- Database management: SQL Server, Oracle.
- Knowledge of Web development, . Net build process and package installers, Windows Server administration and Citrix is an advantage;
- Good at interacting in English, both verbally and in writing;
- Analytical and structured;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Proactive, responsible and self-driven;
- Thorough and with a high level of quality focus;
- Independent and a good team player.
- Enthusiastic colleagues who are eager to learn from each other;
- A flexible and solution-oriented work place;
- The freedom to use your creative instinct and creativity;
- Opportunity to participate in the development of one of the best ERP solutions in the word.
- Challenges and benefits of working in an international environment while being based in Granada.
- High level of flexibility and independence.
- Professional growth and training.
- Flexible working hours.