Cloud Operation Engineer
|Business area:||Research & Development|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We enable people to use business applications at work or at school with the latest technologies and trends. That is why we create business software that fits the way people work and not the other way around. Help us be the best and join us.
Unit4 Global Cloud Operations will use Devops methology to work with both cross functional scrum teams as well as customer facing support groups. A Cloud Operation Engineer supports the deployment, and operations of Unit4 Global scale products. The Cloud engineer collaborates with his/her teammates to monitor, handle incidents, configuration management and to improve solutions in Unit4 cloud platform. In this role, the engineer will work to deploy and operate our Cloud Service, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, and build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. The engineer will troubleshoot and resolve issues in our customer facing production environments.
What you will do
- Deployment and release of customer software on Unit4 cloud platform.
- Automating of software deployment with support od scripting tools (ie.PowerShell and JSON)
- Configuration management and infrastructure provisioning
- Performance and security monitoring of customer software and infrastructure
- Cooperation with Product Owner in definition of operational requirements
- Cooperation with development team in creation and deployment of secure, stable and reliable solutions
- Close interaction with Customer Support team in customer issues analysis, prioritisation and resolution
As a Cloud Operation Engineer you like to use your problem solving skills in order to come up with the best business solution for your customer. In order to do this you listen carefully to the needs and wants, which you translate into a fitted action plan. These action plans can differ per customer. This triggers your resourceful and curious nature because you want to explore and offer the best solutions.
- Minimum 3 years higher education within information technology and/or equivalent relevant experience within software development.
- Experience in deployment of applications and IT operation
- Experience on automation and scripting tools (PowerShell, JSON or other script languages).
- Experience with network infrastructure and security aspects
- Experience of Hyper-V and VM technologies
- Experience or knowledge of MS SQL and performance tuning
- Knowledge of MFT and Webservices
- Knowledge of different Azure technologies
- Knowledge of Configuration Management
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Stable employment with an attractive salary
- Working in a challenging international environment
- We invest in your personal and professional growth
- Enthusiastic colleagues who like to learn from each other