Associate Functional Consultant - Education
|Business area:||Professional Services|
We are Unit4, a leading provider of enterprise applications empowering people in service organizations. We are on a mission because we no longer accept the digital downgrade that people experience when they swap their personal devices for their work ones. We create business software that fits the way people work, not the other way around. Will you join us in our fight against the digital downgrade?
We are looking for young professionals, with minimum working experience of 2 years, for our Global Delivery Centre in Lisbon.
As an Associate Functional Consultant you will be working on international customer projects, either remotely or on site.
Extensive International travelling to worldwide customer sites is part of the job.
As an Associate Functional Consultant you will undergo formal Business World product training courses in the first months of your employment, focusing first on configuration, deployment and test activities, in order to build competences to deliver Unit4 solutions to our customers all over the world. You will also participate in the functional design and with experience also in business processes design.
What you will do
- Implement the Unit4 products and modules;
- Perform build, test and deployment activities as required;
- Support application training for customers, providing documentation for follow up;
- Research and retrieve information needed to serve client needs;
- Plan and run blueprint workshops/meetings with internal and external clients
- Provide creative source of ideas/solutions to address customer needs
- Take the ownership of identify and solve issues with some autonomy under the guidance of your Project Manager and/or Lead Consultant;
- Provide ad-hoc consultancy services.
As an Associate Functional Consultant you are:
- Energetic, self-motivated and initiative taker;
- A very good team player but also able to work individually;
- Ambitious individual with the ability to perform tasks with quality and in a timely manner under some supervision;
- Enthusiastic, realistic and creative;
- Able to build relationships, be flexible and have an open communication style;
- Able to work flexible hours, as customers may need essential support out of core hours from time to time.
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in: Business Administration, Informatics, Economics or Engineering;
- Good Knowledge of Education sector;
- Motivation to learn and to acquire new skills
- Analytical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Ability to communicate clearly and confidently, both written and verbally;
- Good interpersonal skills combined with ability to quickly develop effective working relationships with internal and external project teams;
- A positive ‘can do’ attitude, taking ownership for the resolution of issues;
- Ability to use initiative and work alone or as part of a multi-discipline team;
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to be patient;
- Excellent English verbal and written skills;
- Additional languages will be considered an advantage: Swedish, Norwegian, Dutch, French, German, and Spanish.
- Willingness to travel and to participate in international projects (short term and long term)
- An inspiring work environment!
- An opportunity to grow, including working with the latest technologies, access to trainings and relevant certifications.
- A knowledge sharing atmosphere and teams full of enthusiastic professionals.
- Informal “Work hard, Play hard” environment in which having fun is essential.
- A chance to participate in the creation of business software that fits the way people work.
- An international professional experience.