Application Support Analyst Intern
|Office:||St Louis, MO|
|Business area:||Research & Development|
As an Application Support Analyst (ERP) you will provide a professional, efficient and effective support service to Three Rivers’ customers in the resolution of support requests and the completion of a variety of other tasks required to support our customer base.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
- Monitor all reported problems, inquiries, and enhancement requests generally received in the form of Customer Support submission, email, or phone. These issues may also come in the form of a forum posting and thus the forums need to be monitored by the ASA team on a daily basis;
- Evaluate urgency and act accordingly;
- Log all incidents and inquires in our Customer Support system, documenting conversation, troubleshooting steps, etc.;
- Troubleshoot and provide resolutions as applicable, escalating to next tier of support as necessary;
- Respond to all reported incidents/inquiries same day as received and within reasonable time as outlined in the Service Level Agreement.
- Manage application update releases to ensure proper testing, documenting, and customer notification;
- Thoroughly test each feature/function/report included in each release to ensure that its operation and output are accurate and as expected. This will include retesting of existing pieces within CAMS to confirm that they are not negatively impacted by the new additions/modifications, including user interface and ease of use;
- Report in detail all problems/errors that occur in the testing process to the development team, providing steps taken and results rendered.
- Create and maintain all application instructional and supporting materials for customer and internal use;
- Use available tools to produce various forms of instructional materials including PDF and online help files;
- Work with various team members (developers, trainers) to gather necessary information to properly document processes and to organize content to provide the most effective layout and most comprehensive tools for customers;
- Adhere to internal processes to ensure production and publication of high quality materials;
- Deliver revised documentation with each application update that is released to the customer.
Work Order/Enhancement specs
- Secure functional specs for requested functionality. These may come directly from the customer, may require creation by an ASA, or a combination of both. Need to work with customer to obtain all necessary information for their requirements, but also need to apply internal knowledge to create a usable spec document;
- Create work orders where necessary for custom work or enhancements that are chargeable;
- See Service Level Agreement for designations and descriptions.
- Assist Project Managers as needed to follow up on client needs during implementation stages;
- Provide web training as necessary;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Knowledge of Microsoft-based products including; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Windows-based operating environments;
- Customer Support background preferred;
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills;
- Strong organizational and completion skills;
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to learn new applications, concepts, and skills quickly;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as well as part of a team;
- Ability to multi task, prioritize, and meet aggressive deadlines;
- Strong knowledge of IT systems and proven analytical/problem solving skills.
Pursuing Bachelor’s degree or other relevant study.
You are energetic, self-motivated an initiative taker. You are a very good team player but also able to work individually. You are enthusiastic, realistic and creative. You like to build relationships, flexible and have an open communication style.